- Wed., December 9, 2015 , 5:00PM
December meeting and Meorah Lighting
1 Police Plaza
- Sun., December 13, 2015
Children's Chanukah Party
(See November newsletter for time and location)
- January 17, 2016
National Shomrim 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise
Click here more info.
- April 3-13, 2016
Click here for details.
Please remember Shomrim in your year-end (and year-round) charitable contributions.
- Donations to “Shomrim Society Inc.”, a tax-exempt, non-profit cemetery company organized under IRS Section 501 (c) (13) are tax deductible up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. The donation must be dedicated to the cemetery as a whole, and the donor cannot receive anything in return. The cemetery fund needs assistance in meeting rising costs and in building our treasury for the future.
- Donations to the Shomrim Society Scholarship Fund, organized under Section 501 (c) (3), are tax deductible up to 50% of your adjusted gross income. Donations to the Scholarship Fund are always appreciated. Scholarships are awarded annually to children of Shomrim members entering college, based on a competitive exam.
Click here to make a donation.
Dear Shomrim member or friend,
Please honor their memory with this simple but very important mitzvah.
The proper time for lighting the candles in the New York area go to click here.
The traditional way to light candles on friday night is:
- Light the candles.
- Read the blessing from the paper (without looking at the candles).
- Close your eyes and say a silent prayer for whatever is important to you.
- Open your eyes, see the flame and know you have just added light to our world.
- Wish everyone present, a good shabbos or a shabbat shalom
(a sabbath filled with peace).
- Kiss your loved ones and remind them how much you love them.
Please save this for future weeks.
May the light of our collective candles brighten the world and warm our hearts.
May the one who watches over all, protect us and our loved ones and grant us peace, health and happiness.
Board of Directors
Welcome to the
New York City Police Department
Shomrim Society Website!
The NYPD Shomrim Society is a fraternal organization of Jewish members of the
New York City Police Department.
for SOLDIERS and POLICE OFFICERS
of ISRAEL and the UNITED STATES
He who blessed our forefathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob – may He bless the soldiers of the Israel Defense Force, who stand guard over our land and the holy cities that are Yours from the border of Lebanon to the desert of Egypt, and from the Great Sea to the approach of the Arovah, on the land, in the air and on the sea. May He bless and protect the soldiers of the United States of America and our Allies, who risk their lives to protect and defend not only our borders but our right to Freedom and Democracy, here on our land and wherever we are threatened. May He bless and protect the Police Officers of New York City and all Law Enforcement Officers and Agents of this great Nation, who at the risk of their own lives protect the citizens of our city and this country from those who wish us harm. May He preserve and rescue all these courageous ‘Shomrim’ from every trouble, distress, plague and illness, and may He send blessing and success in their every endeavor. May He grant them salvation and crown them with victory. And may there be fulfilled for them the verse:
"For it is Hashem, your God, who goes with you to battle your enemies for you, to save you".
Now let us respond: Amen